Gordon Ramsay Serves Up Season 3 of His All-Action Global Culinary Adventure
MALAYSIA, 28 MAY 2021 – Culinary genius Gordon Ramsay hits the road again in the third season of GORDON RAMSAY: UNCHARTED, premiering on National Geographic on Tuesday, 1 June at 9am with an evening primetime repeat at 10pm. Viewers can expect an all-new lineup of episodes from the multi-Michelin star chef and Ironman athlete, as he embarks on a thrilling adventure around the globe in pursuit of culinary excellence.
This season, get ready to go off the grid (and off the recipe) as Ramsay travels through Portugal, Croatia, Mexico, Texas, Maine, Puerto Rico, Iceland and America’s Smoky Mountains exploring global cuisines and unique culinary customs. From scaling mountains, battling 3-metre waves, braving frigid temperatures and bushwhacking his way through the backcountry to forage some of the finest ingredients in the world, Ramsay risks life and limb in his biggest and boldest mission yet in order to achieve edible excellence.
“During these unprecedented times, UNCHARTED provides an exciting escape to explore the world safely from home, and inspiration to try new flavours and cooking techniques from the food experts I meet along my journey,” said Ramsay. “The world is a massive place, full of diversity and history, and we are just starting to dig into the boldest flavours the planet has to offer.”
Under the guidance of local experts and food legends he meets along the way, Ramsay partakes in culinary customs and learns about the delicacies and fresh flavours unique to each region. Every ingredient he harvests, dish he tastes, and person he meets inspires him to create a recipe from scratch to represent the heart of that culture. Each episode concludes with Ramsay challenging himself to a final cookout with a local food legend, preparing a meal together for locals.
Some of the adventures — culinary and otherwise — that Ramsay experiences this season include:
- Risking life and limb by participating in a traditional bull race in a remote West Sumatran rice paddy field;
- Braving Tasmania’s stormy waters to hose-dive among the rocks for giant spiny lobsters;
- Leaping from a helicopter into high waves to harvest mussels along the South African coast;
- Exploring a bat-infested Indonesian cave system in search of giant prawns;
- Racing a four-wheeler through Louisiana’s dangerously muddy back roads to forage for fresh greens and hunt for bullfrogs and crawfish;
- Plunging into Norway’s frigid waters to uncover the bounty of ingredients found within the fjords;
- And battling strong surf to catch fish using traditional techniques in South India — that is, with a 90-kilogram net out at sea.
Catch the captivating ten-part series on National Geographic Channel (Astro: CH 551 HD / Unifi TV: CH 508 HD) on Tuesday, 1 June at 9am and 10pm. The series will also stream on Disney+ Hotstar Malaysia on Friday, 20 August.