KUALA LUMPUR 25 May 2021 – SME Association Malaysia President Datuk Michael Kang said that the decision made by Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin which is to not implement a full lockdown is the right one. Michael added that a total lockdown at this time will cause 40 per cent of SMEs to shut down and many MNCs to relocate their manufacturing operations to other countries.
“It was anticipated that 2 million people would lose their jobs and livelihood if the lockdown was imposed” said Michael in a statement.
Regarding the issue of the park-and-dine SOP, Michael agreed that such a measure would be the same as dining in.
“Customers’ risk of infection would be increased when they come into contact with wait staff serving their food and vice versa when servers retrieved the used cutlery.
However, people are still allowed to park their vehicles at proper designated spaces and have their takeaway meal.” said Michael.
Michael also urged Malaysians to adopt a serious attitude when it comes to fighting Covid-19.
“Staying at home is the key to winning this war, not locking down the economy.” he said.
- [VIDEO] MySejahtera tidak mesra warga emas – Hannah Yeoh
- DA MEN USJ RAISES MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS WITH TREASURE HUNT
- Angela Merkel will leave a big hole in Germany, and much for her successor to do
- Harga RON97 naik dua sen sehingga 29 September 2021, RON95 dan Diesel tidak berubah
- Promosi Industri Kenderaan Elektrik, Tarik Pelaburan Ekosistem