Statement on Crisis in Palestine – Tariq Ismail
- The ongoing conflict between the Zionist regime of Israel and Palestinians is of gravest concern as it is likely to further ignite the Middle East.
- Whilst the world concentrates on the endless bombardments, the world conveniently forgets that Israeli settlers have indiscriminately stolen land belong to Palestinians in East Jerusalem.
- Why is this important? Because there is a conflict in interpretation of the laws here, as understood by the Zionist regime of Israel and the International Community, which if left unresolved, will guarantee the Zionist Israeli annexations of East Jerusalem and other parts of Palestine continue ad infinitum.
- Whilst the Zionist regime Israel claims Jerusalem to be “Jerusalem, complete and united, is the capital of Israel” according to the 1980 Jerusalem Law passed by the Knesset, the International Community views Jerusalem as an occupied territory.
- UN Resolutions 478 (1980) and 497 (1981), affirms that the enactment of the “basic law” by Israel constitutes a violation of international law and does not affect the continued application of the Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War, of 12 August 1949, to the Palestinian and other Arab territories occupied since June 1967, including Jerusalem.
- Therefore, the continuous occupation and illegal settlements in Jerusalem is an act of aggression in itself.
- It is a blatant disregard of international law, emboldened by inaction of the international community and a lack of repercussion for breaking those laws.
- In essence those are laws applicable in wartime, which occupied Palestine has reluctantly been in for over half a century.
- It is against this backdrop that Zionist Israel has to cease claiming innocence and playing victim while blatantly provoking the sensitivities of Palestinians while ignoring the rebukes of the wider peace loving international community including peace loving citizens of Israel and the Jewish diaspora alike.
- It is also against this precise context of a recalcitrant Zionist Israel, that the peace-loving international community has to rise and be accounted.
- In this regard, and in view of the catatonic state of the UN and OIC in keeping injustices at bay, I would like to suggest the members of KL Summit 2019 to take a proactive role in engaging the United Nations and all peace-loving nations, together and separately, to agree that current and future violations of UN resolutions must be met with severe retribution by the international community beginning with non-violent means of retribution.
- This begins by enforcing the UN Resolution on Israel, as it would on other nations found breaching international law.
- To this end, the KL Summit 2019 fora could call for international sanctions on Israel for crimes against humanity, for terrorism and for proliferation of weapons of mass destruction through its nuclear weapons buildup. This would be on top of trade sanctions which more nations could emulate based on the BDS movement and Ireland’s Occupied Territories Act as an example. On this score, Malaysia ourselves could impose similar sanctions by virtue of the Strategic Trades Act.
- At this point, we must all do what we can, no matter how big or small. Every act counts for humanity.
Tariq Ismail bin Mustafa
- [VIDEO] MySejahtera tidak mesra warga emas – Hannah Yeoh
- DA MEN USJ RAISES MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS WITH TREASURE HUNT
- Angela Merkel will leave a big hole in Germany, and much for her successor to do
- Harga RON97 naik dua sen sehingga 29 September 2021, RON95 dan Diesel tidak berubah
- Promosi Industri Kenderaan Elektrik, Tarik Pelaburan Ekosistem