PUTRAJAYA, 17 March 2023 – Tourism Malaysia has taken travel agents and media from Hue, Vietnam, for a 4D3N familiarisation trip (FAM Trip) to several destinations in Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Genting Highlands, and Selangor from 13 to 16 March 2023.
Co-hosted by GIT Tours and Travels, Cruise Tasik Putrajaya, Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, ibis Kuala Lumpur City Centre, Tourism Selangor, and Resorts World Genting, a total of 26 participants, comprising 23 travel agents and one media were
invited on this trip.
The FAM Trip aimed to showcase Malaysia as an exciting and value-for-money destination, besides encouraging travel agents to develop attractive packages for the Vietnamese market and actively sell tour packages to Malaysia.
At the welcoming reception hosted by Cruise Tasik Putrajaya, participants were greeted by Dato’ Zainuddin Abd Wahab, Director General of Tourism Malaysia. Participants had firsthand experience exploring the Sky Mirror in Kuala Selangor and
At Resorts World Genting, participants were brought to the newest attraction of Genting SkyWorlds – an outdoor theme park in the highlands, followed by the Skytropolis Indoor Theme Park and experienced Awana Skyway, a 3.4-kilometre long
gondola lift system which can transport 1,600 people per hour, as well as an overnight stay at Resort World Awana.
They also had the chance to meet up and get to know more about unique tourism product offerings in Selangor through a seminar organised by Tourism Selangor.
Dato’ Zainuddin Abd Wahab said, “We are very excited to welcome more international travellers to our fascinating country. Since the borders reopened, this is the first official FAM Trip from Vietnam to Malaysia.
“Vietnam remained one of Malaysia’s top international tourists generating markets in ASEAN before the pandemic. In 2019, Malaysia welcomed 400,346 arrivals from Vietnam, and we will continue to promote Malaysia as a safe holiday destination.”
- Infineon and Delta Electronics to collaborate on electromobility; Memorandum of Understanding extends long-term partnership from industrial to automotive applications
- New Research Reveals That Employees with All Levels of Digital Skills Boost Hong Kong’s Annual GDP by US $47.5 billion
- Tongcheng Travel Sailed Through Pandemic with Strong Base to Embrace Growth
- Ajoomma Is the First Singaporean Film to Launch Exclusively on Prime Video
- BRiN™ SeaDifferently – a sleek, sustainable reusable toothbrush made from recycled ocean plastic.
Leave a comment